Kailash Tour via Simikot is an excellent journey to Mt. Kailash, one of the most remote western parts. The trip starts from Kathmandu for Nepalgunj, a city in the western Terai plains. Then, you can travel along ancient pilgrimage routes and trade links of high lands that borders to Tibet. The Tibet tour starts with a visit to the Garuda valley from where the Tibetan civilization started during the ancient times when Bon religion, before Buddhism, was practiced throughout Tibet. You can visit to Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar Lake, which are famous for their great natural, cultural and religious significance.
Mount Kailash is another attractive place of Tibet, which is the religiously significant place for the people related to three religions: Hindu, Buddhist and Jain. And it is the sources of three mighty rivers: Indus, Brahmaputra and Karnali. Tibetan Buddhists believe Kang Rinpoche, which means Precious Snow Mountain, is a natural mandala representing the Buddhist cosmology on the earth and the Jain believe that this is the place where their religion’s founder was spiritually awakened. In Hinduism, it is considered to be the abode of Lord Shiva and a place of eternal bliss. This holy region is known as navel, center of the universe, attracting scholars and researchers from all over the world. Though journey of Mt. Kailash is hard, difficult and lengthy but this journey definitely provides a spiritually inspiring, naturally distinctive and a truly gratifying journey of a life-time. Mountain Layers Trek and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. is proud to organize this Kailash Tour via Simikot.
Mt. Kailash Tour via Simikot Difficulty
Though we don’t have to walk throughout the journey, the long & tiring drive through remote, dry & arid landscape makes the tour quite challenging.
- Pickups and drops from airport(s) and hotel(s)
- Hotels in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Tibet. Teahouse during the trek
- Breakfast in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Tibet
- All meals while trekking in Nepal (only)
- Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and from Nepalgunj to Simikot with airport departure taxes
- Assistance in acquiring the Chinese visa
- All necessary permit(s) and entry fees (including Tibet Travel Permit)
- Hilsa, Kailash, Garuda valley, Lhasa transfer by private vehicles (van or Hiace or bus)
- English-speaking, trained and experienced local guide(s)
- Fees for porter or horse from Simikot to Hilsa and during Kora
- T-Shirt, sleeping bag , down jacket, and duffle bag
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lake Mansorver Kora bus fee
- All necessary paperwork
Write a Review